Wednesday, January 5, 2011
I agree that making the rationale behind an activity, lesson, or text apparent, will serve to give a student greater confidence, and engagement in their work. Another section that I found interesting in UBD pertained to "timing", in the chapter Teaching for Understanding. "In cases in which understanding is the goal, when should I engage in direct instruction and when not? When should I facilitate an experience and follow up with reflection? When should I have them try to perform and give them feedback?" (245) In my own experience with student teaching, I found that this type of planning is quite difficult to map out before teaching a unit. I believe that it will take much practice, experience, and trial and error to figure out who your students are, and what kind of instruction will benefit them at certain times. I know that personally, without the guidance of my CT I would have been at a great disadvantage when making quick lesson plan decisions. This is something that I have many qualms about once (and if...i hope!) I am the sole instructor in my own classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment